Thursday, January 16, 2014

VINDICATION                        1/16/2014

During the first 6 months of 2013, I wrote emailed and phoned Optimum cable's customer service.Apparently the term was a misnomer. The questions which were never answered dealt with poor service and continually rising costs. As a 30+ year subscriber I wanted to know why new customers were offered the same service as mine for 1/2 the price while loyalty was not rewarded at all. After a series of asinine responses and disconnects I had enough.

I switched to FIOS and got a better package with more premium channels and higher internet speed at half the amount of optimum cost. The service has been great and when I had a minor problem (my fault) they corrected it over the phone.

Now for the best part. Last night I answer the doorbell and an account exec from Optimum is standing there hat in hand. Suddenly he wants to make things right for me the valued long time customer. My initial response will not be repeated here but I did then say he was not to blame but worked for a misguided and poorly managed company.Also said Cable was stupid and now has to spend 10's of millions in ads to slow the Fios ass kicking. He asked if giving me an offer at 1/2 Fios price would bring me back. I said I would come back for an ultimate package free for 3 years. No response. He probably won't repeat any of my comments, but it frlt damn good to make them!!!

1 comment: